There’s no doubt about it. Park City is a world-class mountain biking hub. It’s hard to believe it’s been over 7 years since the International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA) gave Park City its first “gold-level Ride Center” status. And trail development hasn’t slowed down. But what makes mountain biking in Park City so amazing? Here’s a mix of facts and our own opinions that help to answer that very question.
Why is Park City Mountain Biking so Special?
- 500+ miles of singletrack accessible from town.
- Trails that cater to all types of riders.
- Trailside bike park.
- Millions of dollars dedicated to trails over more than a decade.
- Outstanding trail support and management from the Mountain Trails Foundation.
- The trails passion is spilling into neighboring towns with Basin Recreation, Wasatch Trails Alliance and South Summit Trails Foundation.
- The epic Mid Mountain Trail, which goes up and down for 21+ miles around 8,000 feet from Deer Valley to Pinebrook.
- Wildlife sightings ranging from Moose to mice.
- “Puke Hill” and “The Spine”, bucket-list features of the Wasatch Crest Trail.
- Big gravity downhills featuring lift-served terrain at two world class ski resorts.
- Round Valley: almost 700 acres of open space featuring over 30 miles of trails that tend to be drier earlier and later in the season.
- Tsunami! expert downhill trail at Deer Valley.
- Flying Dog, a trail shaped like, you guessed it, a flying dog!
- Après-ride options abound, from concerts to brew pubs.
- The best mountain biking guides and bikes for all abilities, featuring yours truly!